Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dairy Free Egg Free Waffles


Although the original recipe (Naked Vegan Waffle), was already DF and EF, I adjusted a few other ingredients to suit our dietary desires. Here's the resulting recipe for a great basic waffle:
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/4 cups almond milk (plain or vanilla)
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup sucanat
  • 2 tsp vanilla

Sift or whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix the almond milk, coconut oil, sucanat, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Cook on a waffle iron for 3 to 5 minutes, generously spraying both grills with oil before each waffle. Makes 4 (7-inch) round Belgian waffles.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I just discovered this blog and made waffles this morning. My youngest is DF and EF. (My oldest is allergic to peanuts too.) I used regular brown sugar and palm oil since I don't have any coconut oil. The waffles were yummy and only one out of four kids turned them down. (My pickiest eater.)

Thank you!!

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

So glad you enjoyed them and thanks for letting us know which substitutions you've used!!

Becky @ Must Follow Recipes