Wednesday, February 3, 2010

No Bake Cookie Bars


adapted from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures


Ingredients

1/2 c honey
1/2 c coconut oil
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 c Sunbutter
1 1/2 c oats (I used "old fashioned")
1/2 c dairy free chocolate chips


Directions


Melt honey, coconut oil, and cocoa powder on low stirring well to combine. Whisk at least 1 minute once melted as the honey really likes to settle on the bottom. Remove from heat.

Stir in vanilla and Sunbutter. Add oats and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.

Transfer to a brownie pan and refrigerate until hardened (approximately 1 hour or more).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made these yesterday. they are really good and a good alternative to regular chocolate. I came across your blog while looking for recipes since I can't have dairy or soy due to my sons allergy. Your banana bread is amazing too! I can't wait to try more of your recipes!!