Friday, September 4, 2009

Chicken Nuggets

Ok, so this isn't really anything earth shattering, but my boys really liked these and I want to remember exactly how I made them. Nathan (age 3 1/2) ended up eating about 3 helpings of these. "Moe chikn, peez!" :)

My concoction for these originated from Heavenly Homemaker's Chicken Nuggets.

2 - 3 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 c unbleached AP flour
1/4 c whole wheat flour
1/8 c nutritional yeast
fine sea salt

1/2 c palm oil (or other oil of your choosing)


Combine flours and nutritional yeast in a bowl. Cut breasts into bite-sized pieces and coat in flour mixture. Heat oil over Medium heat in a small pot. (My stove-top tends to run hot, so you may need to use your's on Med-High.) Place chicken in hot oil in a single layer. Cook 7 minutes on each side. Salt while frying.

Using a slotted spoon, remove to a plate with paper towels on top to absorb excess oil. Allow to cool to an appropriate eating temperature.


(For those of you wondering... yes, palm oil is red. :) )

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Rocky's Kitchen said...

They look yummy! I will definitely have to try this this coming week in the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Becky, thanks for the comments on my blog. I love finding 'crazy people' like me! :) Luckily for us, we have no known allergies and we utilize eggs and raw milk extensively.
Have you tried the GAPS or BED diet for your son? I've heard of people losing their allergies through them.
As for chicken nuggets, I don't buy chicken breasts much anymore. I buy a whole chicken from whole foods (someday I hope to afford them from a farmer) and we roast it every week and use the leftovers for another meal. But it's cooked, so I can't use it for nuggets. We do make fried fish fingers and we use lard to fry them and love them.
If I were to make chicken nuggets (after looking at yours, it's making me hungry for them now!), I'd probably use sprouted flour and fry them in lard. I do have coconut oil, but we like lard for frying.

God bless and have a great weekend!
Sarah