Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dairy Free Faux-Tatoes

Ok, if you like cauliflower... this is an AWESOME dish!!!

1 head of cauliflower (I used just the florets)
3 Tbsp Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp dairy-free margarine
splash of plain soy milk
salt
pepper
(you might also like to add: garlic, onions, chives, etc.)


Place about an inch of water and the florets in a large saucepan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook until cauliflower is tender (easily mashed with a fork), stirring occasionally.

Drain. Transfer back to saucepan. Mash florets. (Like for mashed potatoes, but the constancy will be lumpier).

Place saucepan with mashed florets on the stove eye while off, but still warm. Stir in cream cheese, margarine, and soy milk until mixed throughout.

My mom says: "DEE-LICIOUS!" and I concur. :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Alright...I left my comment under the wrong recipe. Of course, I do not fix Hannah a dish full of milk!! I use mayo in mine instead of cream cheese.