Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dairy Free Pasta Salad

I received this recipe from a friend when I was out in the corporate world before kids. Thanks, Kay, we are still enjoying this recipe!
********************

I eventually had to venture out into the world of cheese replacements instead of avoiding cheese all together... especially for this recipe (although, it might be just as tasty without the "cheese")!

This is my favorite summer pasta salad! I hope you enjoy it, too!



16 oz tri-colored spiral pasta, boiled and cooled
1 large cucumber, pealed and chopped
1/2 lb ham, chopped into cubes
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 small tomato, chopped (I do mine fine)
1/2 block "Cheddar Cheese", shredded
1/2 block "Mozzarella Cheese", shredded
16 oz bottle Kraft Creamy Italian dressing and dip (Yes! It is DF!)

Combine all ingredients in a LARGE bowl and let sit overnight. The dressing will absorb into the noodles and other ingredients allowing all the flavors to "mesh".

1 comment:

Fran said...

I’m lactose intolerant and have always dreaded the holidays, as all the food seems to be loaded with dairy. After a recommendation of one of my friends, I found this nutrition coach named Rose Cole who has a holiday cookbook and has tons of dairy free recipes. Her site is www.RoseCole.com/HolidayCookbook