Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Homemade Dairy-Free, Nut-Free Chocolate Candy




With Valentine's Day coming up, I struggle with chocolate candy for my dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free daughter. You can buy expensive allergy-free chocolate or you can make your own. Here's what I came up with to make some fun chocolate candies.


Use a mold or silicon ice cube tray. I bought mine at the dollar store, but I've also seen them at the dollar spot at Target. Simply melt dairy-free chocolate chips, such as Enjoy Life chocolate chips, and pour into the mold. Chill and pop out.

Here's another recipe to change it up a little. Yummy!



Chocolate Sunbutter Hearts
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
1/4 cup
Sunbutter (or Soybutter)
2 Tbsp daiy-free butter (I use
Earth's Balance)

1. Melt in microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Pour in mold
3. Chill in freezer for an hour or longer.
4. Once chilled, pop out and eat!

**Use more or less of the ingredients depending on how many you want to make. You really can't do it wrong.*


(This recipe is featured on Mallergies.)

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I love the heart shapes! Homemade PB chocolate cups are one of my favorites, but I must try it with sunflower butter.