Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ritz Chicken (Dairy Free)

I found this at What I'm Eating these days and she's given me permission to share it:


Chicken Breasts (however many your family needs)
Fleischman's UNSALTED margarine, melted (yes, this brand is DF)
Salt and pepper
Ritz Crackers, Crushed (they are indeed, dairy free!)

Dredge Chicken in melted margarine then salt and pepper to taste and roll in ritz crackers. Place in a greased casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 325 for 1 and 1/2 hours. Uncover and brown top to your liking.

It's good with steamed Broccoli and Lawry's seasoning salt. Or Green beans drained and cooked with beef bullion cubes (check your labels).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

dairy free beef bullion cubes?

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

I asked the original author of the recipe the same thing... she said the Food Lion Brand is dairy free. I don't have a Food Lion nearby, so I don't know for sure. However, a lot of Food Lion brand items are listed as "accidentally vegan" so it may be true... I'm not second guessing her, I just don't know first hand.

If you click on the link to her blog you can see the "conversation" we had about it in the comments section.

The chicken's good anyway! :)

Unknown said...

thanks for answering. when i see recipes calling for chick or beef bullion, i just change up the recipe using swanson canned broths. essentially, that's what we're doing with the cubes and water...making broth. but finding a brand of cubes would be handy. thanks again!